Tuesday, January 30, 2007

FINALLY, a snow I can blog about!

Since I've moved to New York, I've been waiting for snow. Every morning I wake up (at 3pm) look up at the sky and wait for it. So far, it's only teased me with a few small flakes that melt as soon as they hit anything.
BUT! BUT! BUT! Today on my way home at around 11pm I walked out of the subway to a light beautiful bed of white powder on the sidewalk accumulating from big flaky flakes slowly falling from the sky.










I finally understand the meaning of the song from the Sound of Music, "Snowflakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes, silver white winters that melt into spring. These are a few of my favorite things"

*sigh* (I'm going to brew some hot chocolate, for nostalgic reasons..)

9 comments:

Payam said...

I would have been jealous last year, but seeing as how it snowed in Valencia, Malibu, and Wilshire Blvd. I'm not impressed

Saba said...

I'm going to pour the sugar free hot chocolate mix all over your pillow you mental terrorist

Unknown said...

this is absurd, its 10 degrees here and no snow. what a rip off. boston has become the biggest tease. i look at the sun out my window, and proceed to put layer after layer on. if it's going to be this cold, i want something to show for it, i.e, snow.

Anonymous said...

sooooo pretty...

Unknown said...

good blogging. i especially love the reference to the previous blog and ensuing comments right there at the end. it was like a clever little epilogue.
by the way, who loves you? who builds you up? who teases you only occassionaly but immediately showers you with unique compliments? who?

Anonymous said...

Hahah Payam is so funny.
Yeah I am not jealous either.

PS...im not interested in any more blogs till you blog about the football game. How can you let the photographers skills go unpublished?! Gosh Nast!

Sain† Nate said...

ah the magic of food town

Anonymous said...

yeah...the snow is really pretty...too bad it's not snowing here. It is actually 85 degrees today ....can you believe it!!!! 85 in february...i'm shocked...i think i'll go to the pool and get a tan, or maybe go walk along the beach...maybe i'll put on shorts a tank top and flip flops and go get some ice cream...we'll see...
hahahahhahhhhaaaahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you are very entertaining...