Tuesday, March 13, 2007

the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!

Today is the day when all the Ee-roo-ni's build a big fire and leap over it going on about some shit about my yellow, your happiness... etc.
New York doesn't have Ee-roo-ni's. It has some Persians who live in Long Island and fortunately, I have yet to meet one. So anyway, just wanted to share with everyone how I spent my day of fire.


Me and Nicey did some cuddling while I was lesson-planning. It was grand.




















However, later that night Saba and Nate showed up and we made a fire with candles and lightly leaped over it. in fact we made an amazing video with music, pictures and commentary by, none other than, Robyn Leach himself.
Video of the night coming soon pending Nate sends it to me!


Ja-ye everyone khali !

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nastaran! (see I read your blog ;P) Aw, I jumped over candles in my room, too! Though I was by myself cuz the other two persians in my class were studyin it up in the library. sigh..I miss bonfires at CDM..

Hope all's well!

beanis. said...

so i guess the saying literally translates to
"Give me your beautiful red color And take back my sickly pallor!"

Unknown said...

oops, i think i accidentally destined myself to a life of misery in this new persian year. i believe i mistakenly said, "give me your sickly yellow pallor, and take my beautiful red color". alas.

beanis. said...

well shaff, in our humble and gracious culture it would seem fitting to offer ones red color to a guest and take on their sickly yellow pallor.
But, alas, i suppose once a year irooni's can put aside the tarof and be selfish.

we deserve it.
;)

Saba said...

again not robin leach. the hell? is that your one frame of reference for a british accent? and yet again...i am left to teach you all about the world sigh...